We offer environmentally friendly products.
The company seeks to minimize the environmental footprint left by the transportation of its goods.
To achieve this, Maçonnex has joined Carbone Boréal to plant trees. Trees absorb greenhouse gases responsible for global warming.
At Maçonnex, respect for the environment
is not a newly embraced concept
Even before greening became a popular concept, Maçonnex was already choosing and distributing environmentally friendly construction materials and products.
The physical properties of traditional masonry have a positive impact on the construction of residential, commercial and institutional buildings.
- Masonry uses only earth-based materials with no chemical or petroleum-based additives. It can return to the earth eventually with no harmful impact on the environment.
- Masonry weathers the test of time, imparting longevity to buildings, precluding demolition, reconstruction and sources of energy consumption and construction debris. Some 40% of landfill sites are occupied by construction materials. The durability of buildings made from masonry also contributes to providing an architectural heritage for future generations.
- Bricks can be recycled anytime and their base materials can be reintroduced into the production of new bricks.
- The insulating properties of masonry (brickwork or stonework) can lead to recurrent savings in heating and air conditioning costs for buildings. The mass factor of some of these products helps regulate temperature differences associated with night and daytime.
- The sound-proofing qualities of masonry also contribute to enhancing quality of life and, of course, environmental quality.
- Masonry requires little maintenance and no recourse to cleaning products or paint, which may be harmful for the environment.
- The production of masonry results in little or no release of toxic substances into the environment, and water used in production can be reprocessed and reintroduced into production. Likewise, making masonry does not produce any volatile organic compounds (VOC) that might be released over time.
- Building with durable materials assuredly contributes to sustainable development.
Traditional masonry is not the only durable material favoured by Maçonnex for environmental friendliness and sustainable development.
- Alternative masonry, often factory made, features several of the physical properties of traditional masonry... and therefore its environmental characteristics.
- Suretouch insulating stones reduce the quantity of materials needed and offer superior insulation that helps decrease heating and air conditioning costs.
JAMES HARDIE FIBRE CEMENT SIDING
- This siding is often used in LEED certified constructions because of its durability and factory-integrated colours that mitigate the need for frequent painting and any resulting release of VOC.
- Water used in the manufacturing process is recycled up to four times.
- Recycling materials to be transformed reduces waste.
Thanks to their thermal mass, blocks like these used in the construction of air-tight buildings contribute to energy performance. Some manufacturers incorporate up to 29% of mine tailings into their architectural blocks. Their economic life is also a contributing factor to sustainable development.
HEAT-TREATED WOOD AND FACTORY-TREATED WOOD
- Wood is a renewable resource quite typical of Quebec. Heat treating eliminates any risk of rot and prolongs the life of this material, increasingly popular with building designers and consumers. Maçonnex distributes roasted wood produced in Quebec.
- Factory-treated wood (kiln-dried, moisture controlled, sealed and coloured) also offers the advantage of durability. Maçonnex offers customers specialty products renowned for their exceptional quality.
SPACE HEATERS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- All systems sold by Maçonnex are EPA certified in compliance with standards in effect in Quebec since September 2009.
- Maçonnex distributes premium quality energy efficient systems that generate maximum heat with the fuel used.
- Heating specialists at Maçonnex always recommend systems properly adapted to the building where they will be used. This way, energy waste is avoided by installing only what is necessary based on the layout of the premises to be heated.
LANDSCAPING WITH SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN MIND
Fortunately, walls built with 6” x 6” lumber treated with creosote are now a thing of the past thanks to cement-based landscaping products. Greater durability, chemical-free products and the use of materials from the earth that can be returned to the earth are phenomena increasingly contributing to environmental friendliness. Depending on the region, Maçonnex distributes Permacon and Techo-Bloc products.
Maçonnex, partner with people who champion sustainable development.